View Single Post
Old 01-16-23, 07:15 PM   #5250
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkrakne View Post
Im having an issue with fotrsu not spawning in any IJN ships, USN ships spawn in and load perfectly fine, I started my first career with the mod in a narwhal at midway in 1942, sailed to wake island to do some recon and there were no ships physically loaded in, but I was getting sonar contacts and my crew could see them through the periscope. when planes would be spotted, they wouldn't attack but fly straight as if I wasn't there, I switched to a stock boat (I believe porpoise) and had the same problems with no ships spawning but still getting sonar contacts, this is on a fresh install with only fotrsu v1.8 enabled in jsgme and the game is installed under G:/steamlibary/steamapps/common. This behavior has persisted through 2 reinstalls of the game from steam where I manually deleted all the files in the install path and in the documents folder. I uninstalled fotrsu through jsgme and ships did appear properly, and stock IJN ships load properly and appear in the world not just sonar contacts and planes would attack. the only mod installed is a change to the freecam speed to make is similar to SH3. Also how do you change the compass/rudder dial to be the same size as the others, and the propellers on the narhwal rotate in the wrong direction if that means anything. Also this is on the uboat missions install with LAA.
Sorry we missed you the other day with this slimkrakne. Got busy, then got sick... not cool. Anyway, actually have half a brain now, looking for the other 3/5... First of all, you cannot get a Narwhal out of Midway in 1942 in FotRSU v1.8, so I don't know where you are able to do that. Also, I just took one out of Pearl July of 1942, and the port propeller spins clockwise, and the starboard propeller spins counter-clockwise (or anit-clockwise). As far as I know that is the way US submarines were during WW2. As for the airplanes not attacking, I journeyed to near Rongelap Atoll in the northern Marshalls. I did not have my radars turned on purposefully, to prevent a "homing" effect on my waves. However, a cursory search group did find me. I thought I would stay on the surface, but in my haste had forgotten to place the gun crews, so I hurried and did that as the planes attacked...

We hit the one, but did not manage to shoot it down, but they did straddle us rather close on that 2nd pass, taking slight damage and losing hull integrity. That was just as a demonstration, and it is NOT recommended that you stay on the surface and fight airplanes at anytime in FotRSU. Just sayin'... dangerous stuff. We have not seen any ships yet, but maybe later.

If you can, let us know more about your install, the homeport, boat and date of sailing that you are having trouble with. Also, besides emptying the Save folder, do not bring in any old data yourself. You cannot use old Save data at all. It will corrupt your install. Also, did you correctly set the LAA (Large Address Aware) or 4Gig Patch on the SH4.exe file?

Edit: Looking for enemy surface vessels will have to wait... we are having to return home because of the damage suffered from the plane attack. One of the leaks continued seemingly unabated, and as we Crash Dived to avoid another plane attack about an hour after the first, the boat almost collapsed-in on itself... we made it back up to PD at Ahead Standard while the planes buzzed about for a bit, but as soon as they were gone, we pointed the bow east and north for home at Ahead Standard. The hull integrity is bad now, and I doubt we'd survive another Crash Dive, and would be pushing a dive to PD even... Do NOT fight airplanes... lol - hopefully, it remains water-tight enough to make it home...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-17-23 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Heading home
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote