Thread: Steamlink
View Single Post
Old 11-12-15, 04:45 PM   #4
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Competition is good. I'll never have a console. PC games are just too much better and shooting with a joystick is just torture when mouse shooting is such a natural thing.

I don't think Microsoft had the chance to cut the Steam Box off at the knees because of all the ill-will it generated with Windows 8, 8.1 and 10. Their old pattern of every other version of Windows being an absolute home run is very broken and users just aren't feeling the love.

Still seems like the Steam Box is overpriced by $100, but I wish it well. It will represent a very important infusion of commercialization into the Linux universe.

Expect the Linux old guard to fight it like it's the Antichrist. But their resistance to all forms of commercially produced closed source software is what has kept Linux from assuming its rightful place as the legitimate third point of the Microsoft/Apple/Linux triangle.

So I wish Steam well. I'll buy their Linux version games to support their efforts. Just as games have been responsible for the capability of PC hardware and Windows itself, games will invigorate Linux.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote