View Single Post
Old 06-12-14, 02:15 AM   #113
Lionclaw
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
If you can get a copy (new, sealed!!! It is the game account which cannot be sold/bought second hand!!!)) of the old German DVD edition "2013" (not 2014!), go for it - it was a treasure chest of additional weapons and content, and probably the best deal they ever offered on the game. The DVD versions, which are exclusive items for the German market, are compared in the German Wikipedia.

I also would think twice before buying the game via Steam. It seems that the updates so far coming via Steam require a re-download of ALL the game code, while versions installed via buying on their website only require download of the actual patch code. Yesterday update saw a size difference of 44 MB (their shop) to 700+ MB (Steam). You do not gain or lose any features when choosing the one or the other buying option - both versions are identical in content, they say. You can even associate your shop version with your existing Steam account, i think - but why would I want to do that... No, I still do not like Steam.

P.S. And I start most hunts at 0600. 0500 is too early for many species (but some are most active then). The German wiki gives activity patterns and timetables for most species.

If I've made an account already, can I buy the DVD version and would it still work with the account?

If I remember correctly, GameStop in town might have a copy in stock, not sure though.

I bought Rise of Flight when it was on sale on Steam, and it wouldn't work with my account I had already. >.<

EDIT: It seems there's a 2013 version available for download on some game stores online.
Lionclaw is offline   Reply With Quote