View Single Post
Old 06-11-14, 05:43 PM   #112
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Check the Wiki.

http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

You can switch language in the upper left corner box. I strongly recommend to use the German version if one can understand it, because the German Wiki is far more detailed and complete than the English one, which is missing a lot of the details given in the German one.

Anyone deciding to invest into a membership and buying some stuff, I recommend to give the many buying options very good consideration and research, especially weapons. You can spend a fortune, but you do not need all that stuff at all - but you can easily buy several weapons that suit the same purpose, leaving you still with animals for which you have no ethical weapon (hits will not be scored). Clever choice equips you with shooting options for every opportunity without buying most weapons. You can also ask here (me). The Hunter can be an expenbsive game. But you can also fully play it with full access to all and everything for quite a fair amount of money, mif you make clever choice for few equipment pieces. With the arrival of MP last year, they also boosted the sales of clothing and weapons that serve no other purpose than to impress the other players watching your alter ego in the game. But that is not needed at all.

If you can get a copy (new, sealed!!! It is the game account which cannot be sold/bought second hand!!!)) of the old German DVD edition "2013" (not 2014!), go for it - it was a treasure chest of additional weapons and content, and probably the best deal they ever offered on the game. The DVD versions, which are exclusive items for the German market, are compared in the German Wikipedia.

I also would think twice before buying the game via Steam. It seems that the updates so far coming via Steam require a re-download of ALL the game code, while versions installed via buying on their website only require download of the actual patch code. Yesterday update saw a size difference of 44 MB (their shop) to 700+ MB (Steam). You do not gain or lose any features when choosing the one or the other buying option - both versions are identical in content, they say. You can even associate your shop version with your existing Steam account, i think - but why would I want to do that... No, I still do not like Steam.

P.S. And I start most hunts at 0600. 0500 is too early for many species (but some are most active then). The German wiki gives activity patterns and timetables for most species.