View Single Post
Old 09-15-23, 03:33 PM   #528
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I have several different first aid kits adapted for different applications.

All of the kits have the basic set of first aid supplies such as band-aids, salves, aspirin, antacid tablets and whatnot, but depending on what i'm using it for I'll add some extra items to cover the specific ailments I am likely to encounter.

For example the first aid kit that goes in my shooting range bag also has gunshot trauma items like Army field dressings, vented chest seals and a tourniquet in case anyone gets accidentally ventilated.

The kit that lives in the rack box of my ATV on the other hand has different trauma items like an inflatable splint for broken bones, ace bandages for sprains, bottled water for dehydration, a snake bite kit, some Benedryl, a space blanket and even a silly looking folding wide brimmed sun hat for shade from the hot burning sun.

The kit I keep in the truck is a bit larger with more of the basics as well as similar trauma items to what is found in the other kits. In the winter it also includes stuff like a sleeping bag, mittens and hat, flashlight, candle heater and some hard candy in case I get stranded out in East Jesus somewhere in a repeat of the Blizzard of '78.

The first aid kits for the house and cabin, being stationary have even larger quantities of the basics.

From Avalanche to Artillery Barrage I try to stay prepared for it.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is online   Reply With Quote