View Single Post
Old 09-05-13, 09:39 AM   #24
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0

So I'm looking for ideas here guys...

The hull and innards of the boat is adequate, but the rigging that came with is substandard. The mast is pretty bent up, and I have the diamond and fore/aft stays fairly tightly tensioned to torque the mast back into place. Over the winter I'm going to build a whole new mast/booms and rigging.

The issue I'm having is deciding on a sail design. The class is quite rigid on sail dimensions, but one vendor sells certified custom sails. I'm leaning towards the set below, but they also do custom designs. So I'm asking subsim to come up with ideas for me. If you have some designs you think might work with the hull color I have in the above pics, I'd be eternally grateful. I'd even add a tagline to the sail itself so you'd get credit for the artwork.

I'm leaning towards this (it's a stock design the vendor has), but the text, eyes, and class logo (the omega) in the same shade of blue as the hull.

The cost of these sails is not cheap, so I'll be using these for quite a while and want the right design.

More of their designs: http://www.beanbag.com/wjsails/soling.asp It's worth taking a look to just see the coolness of all their designs. They even have a crash test sailor sail set.

Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote