View Single Post
Old 10-12-21, 05:46 PM   #13914
Alpheratz
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigooo View Post
Refraction was not correctly implemented in your Excel File (see my previous posts). Did you correct it?
I accidentally saw your post and looked at the previous ones about refraction. My table in the range of altitudes of 40-20 degrees gives an underestimation of refraction by 0.1 arc minute (for an altitude of more than 40 degrees, there is no error in the refraction value). In the range of 20 - 10 degrees, the error is comparable to the uncertainty in measuring the altitude, but still noticeable - 0.2 - 0.5 arc minutes. Serious discrepancies are observed for an altitude of 7 degrees and below, but in practice it is not desirable to carry out such measurements, even with careful consideration of air temperature and atmospheric pressure. Nevertheless, I took your notes into account, as a result of which now my table has become a little more cumbersome in formulas, but it has become more accurate. I am not updating TWoS, but you can always download the current version of the table "SH5 celestial navigation Sun, Moon, 58 stars" from the link in my signature.