View Single Post
Old 09-22-14, 12:04 AM   #969
Netscape Navigator
Seaman

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default Can't complete step 6

When I open "TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py" I get this error message:

Invalid option entry found. Option value contains menu entry that exceeds maxstrings property @ line number 1922

I just did the whole process again starting at a clean install and I am getting the same error message.

EDIT:

Searched all txt files for maxstrings property. Found multiplle menu.txt files. Located one with max strings in category. Set path again, opened TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py again and it worked.

Launched game. Massive cluster *uck of menus. Can't play game. Uninstalling. Round 3, here we go...

EDIT: Round 4. Everything completed successfully FOR SURE. Game crashes while loading, black screen, music skips over and over...randomly got to the menu by alt tabbing and reopening, started new camp, moving the mouse in any direction resulted in me strafing to the right...followed every step without errors. This has to be the most frustrating game I have ever modded. I expected some bugs to be worked out after spending some time in-game.....I hope I can at least get there...

EDIT: Round 5. Did EXACT SAME PROCEDURE. Same crash. View task manager and waiting a minute or two I can get to menu and play game. CONTROLS WORK FINE NOW. Took 6 attempts of graphics options change, save + load for options to take effect. When I submerge I can just walk out on my deck like I am a fish or something... RANDOMLY CRASHING TO DESKTOP ALL THE TIME. I previously played the vanilla version on steam, it was horrible all the random crashes... Now I am realizing The amazon/uplay only version is just as bad. Vanilla or modded I am losing serious framerates (but not on the steam version ironically)... I have 4gig quadcore, 16 gigs of ram and a GTX670 for christ sake, HOW IS THE GAME LAGGING?!?!?!..... I was hoping a solid mod set-up that everyone uses would work a-ok. WRONG. (no offense modders! I am full of rage because of this game and the amount of hours I have tried getting it to work properly!)

I am going to write a very long review about how people shouldn't waste their time and money on SH5. It is one of the biggest POS games I have ever owned and modded. I had such high hopes for it. From here on out I will only purchase games with 100% functionality. I pray to the gods that someone will make a new U-Boat game that works properly and that is moddable. UBI sucks.

Last edited by Netscape Navigator; 09-24-14 at 04:37 AM.
Netscape Navigator is offline   Reply With Quote