View Single Post
Old 11-20-07, 01:52 AM   #14
dcb
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 544
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
The only trouble with that explanation is that it doesn't tally with my experience of the game actually running ona laptop that doesn't support shader 2.0. It could be the cause (and likely is) on Pugwash's computer of course, but clearly some computers can run it without shader 2.0, because I have one that most definitely does.

Chock
My personal experience: In my computer, for some time, I had an ATI card - ASUS 1600 XT (IIRC) - and the game crashed at the loading bar. When I replaced ONLY the video card with my current ASUS 7900 GS (Nvidia) suddenly the game started to work. I met (here on Subsim forums) at least three people with ATI 16xx cards having the same problem I had. And, last but not least, the marinesims.de forum is full of people having the same problem and the explanation was taken from that precise forum.
So, until someone can confirm that he actually runs the game with an ATI 16xx card, I will remain convinced that this is the culprit. Everything indicates so. Maybe someone here can make a sticky based on this explanation, so that new players know what their problem is.
dcb
dcb is offline   Reply With Quote