View Single Post
Old 10-12-23, 05:11 PM   #187
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I wrote earlier that I would buy a VR set-Well I haven't and the reason is that I'm suffering from Glaucoma and myopia or was it long sighted.

Would I have the full experience in using a VR set ?

Markus
I dont know. The distance that these lenses calibrate to in these VR headsets, the distance of the image plane I mean, is about 60-80 cm, usually. This is so that people don't have to squint, because without these lenses their eyes would have to focus on an image plane 2-3 cm in front of their pupil. I cannot tell you whether or not it would be a representaive test for your issue, but if you reahc outh your arm, can you view your fingertips sharp and clear? If so it might be worth a try to test a VR headset. In VR, the eyes ALWAYS focus on one and the same depth plane, a fixed distance, no matter whether you look at somethign on your virtual table you sit at, or to the distant virtual horizon. Otherwise ask your optician or ophthalmologist. All I can say is the image in the headset is very clear and sharp. Man, no comparison at all to the Oculus Rift from 2017...