Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padvotke View Post
Why do we need all of this ? Where the snake lies ? IMHO the reason of such celebrities has a hidden meaning. Like we all should be monolithic in our minds at subsim communitee Does this award show is pointing the way to perfectionalism or something ? Or describing how should a perfect member be like ? If this is a road sign to perfectionalism at subsim.com and let's say everybody starts struggling for a peace of empty honour over the internet and what then ? The winners of this show should be held better than the rest of us ? Well if you ask me I don't think the result of this awards is going to strengthen the unity of this communitee, has anyone though of reversed effects ? I like sharing my point of view and it's not trolling like someone might see it
In my opinion, saying "Good job, thanks for your contributions and continued support" and recognizing those people who go just a little bit further than the rest of us should not in any way diminish the community - it can only bring it together.

This isn't about "losing" ... it's about recognizing the people who've gone above and beyond in support of this great community. How anyone can take exception to that is beyond me...

Think of the military - awarding people with medals recognizing their achievements isn't an affront to the honorable individuals who don't recieve them. The purpose of this is to recognize the people who've worked just a little bit harder to make our games more enjoyable, spent a little bit longer answering our questions, welcoming our peers, and making us think/laugh.

Like I said, I don't see how ANYONE can see that as a bad thing.