View Single Post
Old 08-31-07, 10:55 AM   #27
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Scaz...the game sutomatically modifys the parameters txt file when you alter the settings on the options screens...(you then need to go to the last screen on the list and select "JA" and the game saves your settings..
the reason for my showing an edited version of the parameters.txt file was just simply to show the english translations of the variuos options..so you could tell which options were an increase in graphics and which were a decrease (that's what was foxing me...i had no idea which did what)

so just change your options via the in game screens and make sure you go to last screen on the list and hit "JA" to save them..

Capt nemo!
the options AFAIK affect all the graphics not just in the scope view as per normal..

but i must admit i'm still searching for a better answer as i have to set my graphics card to minimum quailty as well in order for the scope view to run smoothly...trouble is that all the graphics on the interface screens goes into zx81 mode as well.tho the 3D world still looks fine...my thought is maybe i can lower the quality of the interface screens "by hand" and get a better over-all result that way...but sadly the game is really fussy about it's interface screens..and so far all attempts to do that have failed..

i have also been continueing on the process of editing virtually every in game graphics file (and there are a very large number of these mainly in DDS format) in search for that critical file which contains the main sea animation and textures...and also find that FPS killer effect some where..it'll be some where..

one/ i want to get rid of the white caps--or reduce them dramaticaly
two/ i want to lower the quality of the textures to suit my systems capabilites so i can increase other options to get a balance i prefer..
three/ helps to learn a game from the nut and bolts up

again tho all the obviuos files even one named waterani.dds have virtualy NO EFFECT when edited at all..
whatever it is in this game that is eating the frame rates it isn't the water animation...nor is it the sky (if the low res sky option is any clue and actual works..i can't visualy see any difference...i must say)
i edited the clouds to a far lower size and quality..no increase in FPS at all..
edited dozens of files to reduce texture size and quaility...all gave no increase in FPS
maybe the culprit is in fact the damn static interface screen images...

it's beginning to drive me nuts i must admit LOL

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats

Last edited by CB..; 08-31-07 at 11:08 AM.
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote