Thread: On Health
View Single Post
Old 04-27-21, 04:50 PM   #27
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Myth Busting: Does Fasting burn Muscle?

This is a very popular myth, even my old doctor (changed him earlier this year) told me that bollocks, amongst some other nonsense.

Take note of the links in the text that lead you to some dedicated studies on the matter.

And no, fasting DOES NOT burn muscle or weaken you. Quite the opposite. Maybe you do not turn into a muscular Schwarzenegger, but you become more energetic, enduring, physically lasting.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/does-fasting-burn-muscle

Beginners who find it hard to keep it, can ease it a bit by allowing a fatty coffee (but not as fatty as a bullet proof coffee) once per day, say 1-2 table spoons of cream 30+%. If that is what maintains your compliance, its worth the price ( I could not drink black, bitter coffee, not for my life). No sugar and no sweeteners, however, both trigger the insuline. Coffee and fat does not. Take salt, lots of water, consider supplementing vitamines and minerals, if you are concerned by that. It should not play a role if you fast only 2-3 days and maybe not even as often as I do (3-4 days in a row, then 4-5 eating days, plus daily intermittend fasting 17/7).

The food industry does not want you to fast. They cannot sell food to a person that does not eat. Instead they tell you you shoudl eat "frequently", and often, spreading over the whole day, or you should eat their wonderful "light" products, or special food designed to help you loosing weight. You could as well believe in the stork bringing the babies! I read nonsense like having 5 or better 6, no: even up to 9 small meals with vegetable and (fructose enriched) fruits, the magazines and daily press are full of this drivel - that borders physical assault, and recommending dangerous health hazards as a healthy cure! And from insuline spike to insuline spike your journey goes that way...

Last edited by Skybird; 04-27-21 at 05:08 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote