View Single Post
Old 03-23-10, 05:00 AM   #22
Mav87th
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

HMMM - Emden is in the Official guide listed at 156 meters length, same on its wiki page... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_cruiser_Emden

Where did you find the other length ?

Ok i found this post in the old SH-4 mod forum threads.....

Quote:
I haven't had time to try this, but here's how I would have done it (and how I have done it for Armed Assault). If you open the scope texture, you can count the pixels between each tick. The one I just measured has 68 pixels between each group of four ticks. If each tick is 15 MoA, then the scope is obviously scaled for 68/(4*0.25) = 68 pixels per degree in high magnification. High magnification is 6x, so the base magnification is then 68/6 = 11.33 pixels per degree at unity. The texture width is 1024 pixels, so the base field of view should be 1024/11.33 = 90.35 degrees. This number goes in AngularAngle.
so in theory (mind I never did this my self)

Texture size / pixels pr degree / zoom = angularangle parameter number

I tried to use the math on your graphic ObsPeriscope_Mask_1024.dds

measured pixels from 15° left of center mark to 15° right of center mark was 454 pixels (for 30°)

thats 15,1 pixel pr. degree. So 1024/15.1 = 67,815

dividing that with x1,5 for the zoom gives 45,21 witch should then be the AngularAngle value used for the Observations scope camera setting.

for the attack scope graphic I also got 15,1 pixel per degree, ending up with the same angular angle value of 45,21.

I tried it and it did NOT work as it should - the graphics must be changed in size somewhere.

Repeated checks in game showed me that your camara.dat file should have an AngularAngle value of 95,0 (attack and observations perí) to work as you want. But the viable whole in your periscope is too big (or the ticks are too close together - there should be 38 tics over the diameter of the hole if each tick is 1° in x1,5 zoom. )

image otw soon.

If i were you I would enlarge the "hole" and remake the tics.