View Single Post
Old 05-30-23, 02:17 PM   #5513
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Looking now, and... the scenario does not have any triggers, with the planes and the rescue rafts already being "active" when you start the mission... there are also only a few of the rescue rafts, all north of the island, just for a "cheat" hint... If there was any rough weather, they might all have sunk. That is one of the missions I want to change, and set-up with spawn triggers to start the planes and the rafts at different times, based upon when the player arrives. The way it is set now, is the old way, and the "target" might disappear before you get there. Probably the "quick fix" would be to have them "report" their position after a given time, and you would then see a little box "survivor" show on the NavMap whenever they report in... btw - that is Guard Marcus Island 02
ok, i edited the mission and had the rafts/survivors report their position every 10 minutes which allowed us the opportunity to find them and pick them up.

a couple of questions, if i may:
1. the objective was to pick up three (3) survivors. the first survivor raft had three bodies and so the objective was completed. how did we get a three-man raft? i have never seen that previously. the remaining rafts/survivors were one man only.

2. how would one "trigger" a raft/survivor? i understand how entry/exit dates work within a mission but i do not see how one would would use triggers/events to trigger a unit/group/RRG.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote