View Single Post
Old 01-21-20, 08:12 AM   #11
K-61
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0

Glad to see you got it running. I use an old DVD version, so old it had the Star Force drivers on it and needed to be patched to 1.4b. Nonetheless, I, too, have it running on a new high spec gaming rig in W10, in a manner wherein I do not need to have the DVD in the drive. In fact, my new machine does not even have an optical drive, so I purchased an external drive and connect it via USB.

It is immensely rewarding once you have worked passed the technical issues. I'm playing with LSH2015 mod, which greatly simplified the job of getting various upgrades and mods integrated into one simple installer package. I'm able to use the 4 GB patch, hsie and such to add the drama of wolf packs, new aircraft and ships and such. Yes, there are other ways to accomplish the same and there are other worthy supermods, but I find it so much easier with LSH2015's one-stop installation routine.

Another valuable resource is Berbster's tutorials, linked above. I would recommend them to all new players, and even veteran players. They are a mine of knowledge.