Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 11-07-21, 02:49 PM   #1149
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
;3x250Kg Bomb Loadout definition
[Equipment 10]
NodeName=B01
LinkName=Bomb250Kg
Loadout=3x250Kg Bomb
StartDate=19431102
EndDate=19451231
There would now be six lines for each entry (including dates), adding the "Loadout=" line. Also, be certain that the headers are listed in proper numerical order. Blank lines are not necessary, and the ";3x250Kg Bomb Loadout definition" line isn't necessary either. Those are there for the human. The game uses the "Loadout=" lines for that. It is good practice (possibly necessary for the game) to keep all Load-outs with the same sequence of "[Equipment XX]" sections, and as mentioned, if not used in a given load-out, use "NULL". Also, don't overlap dates if the loadouts are for spawned assets... This particular plane above is set to "automatically" change its loadout by date. All items in a given loadout definition need to have the same dates, if listed. You can have overlapping dates if the mission builder chooses the loadouts when placing the asset in a mis file and chooses a particular loadout, such as one plane for ASW, another for divebombing, etc...
ok, in the example above and using your explanation as the basis, the line
Loadout=3x250Kg Bomb
is incorrect, and should be
Loadout=3xBomb250Kg
because that is the definition name in the Bombs.dat file.

did i read/learn correctly?

Quote:
However, again, you are illustrating the Hurricane, but describing the Martlet and Avenger as avoiding you.
yes, the Hurri was a nice simple example.
AFB_HurricaneMk1C - "FBHurricaneMk1C" - "300" (Air) ==Loadout not exist in cfg (diff cfg<>eqp)==
when i inspected the Bombs file, it was obvious that the ordnance names were not the same.

in the case of the Martlet and Avenger, they did not appear in the DB_Diffs file, they appeared in the DB_roster.csv file.
that would lead me to believe that the name in the Names.cfg file did not match the actual file name in the Roster\Air\British folder (American for the Avenger).
ASWAvenger.cfg;C:\Ubisoft\Dark Waters\data\Roster\American\Air\ASWAvenger.cfg;ASW _Avenger;American;302;Air;19420201;19480101
TBAvenger.cfg;C:\Ubisoft\Dark Waters\data\Roster\American\Air\TBAvenger.cfg;ATB_ Avenger;American;302;Air;19420201;19480101
FBMartlet.cfg;C:\Ubisoft\Dark Waters\data\Roster\British\Air\FBMartlet.cfg;FBMar tlet;British;300;Air;19370101;19480101
when i checked the Roster folder(s), i discovered that the Avenger config file is named the same: ASWAvenger.cfg
However, when i checked the AIR folder (data\air\plane name) i discovered that the Avenger folder is named ASW_Avenger and the config file within the folder is named ASW_Avenger.cfg.

so.....to resolve this, i suspect that i need to change the Names.cfg file, under Avenger to match the AIR Folder name of ASW_Avenger.

does that seem correct?

edit: my suggested fixes did not fix the problems.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote