View Single Post
Old 04-09-20, 06:44 PM   #732
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
I can get FotRS UE v1.004 to launch, but I can't actually get to my boat.

The screen goes black and freezes just after the dialog that normally says something like "Please wait...". Then I get a bunch of error dialogs like this one:

Code:
---------------------------
Program:
Data/Shaders/VolumetricFog/VolumetricFogPS.fx
OK   
And I have to kill the game in Task Manager, can't play.

Any ideas?

Not sure if it matters, but I'm running SH4:WOP + U-boat missions off Steam on Windows 10 Pro. Plain SH4 1.5 works fine, driving either US sub or U-boat.
It sounds like you are trying to run it through the SH4 v1.3 on Steam, instead of the v1.5. If I remember correctly from another user the other day, there are two shortcuts for the game. Pick the one for the UBoats instead. You might have to "switch sides" one you are in the game, but that is the v1.5 of the Wolves of the Pacific...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
I (Gato class) had an encounter with a Kaidai sub on 24-2-1943 , 135nm south of Tokyo. Wind speed 15m/s and when I approached at 5500 yds the sub sunk.When I first detected the Kaidai it had medium speed constantly reducing to very very slow till sunk.

Additional mod: 901_strategic_map_symbols
When you see an enemy sub "sink" without help from one of your torpedoes, HIDE THYSELF! The enemy subs have torpedoes also, and they are not afraid to use them...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote