View Single Post
Old 01-26-23, 03:41 PM   #420
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadfin View Post
What do you mean by this? Are you saying if my overall rifle percentage is 90% that I get less rifle XP for each kill than if my overall rifle percentage was 98%?

Or what do you mean exactly?

I find I get 49Xp for most recent rifle shots. before I saw 62, and 50+ alot. Was that because my overall percentage was higher and now it's dropped because of the stupid targets in Finland?

I was wondering how this number is calculated. Does it factor in range, or impact location, vitals etc? How is that XP determined? Just interested in weapon 'mastery' XP.
No, I was talking of Classic. When you had fired 10 shots in all your matches, and missed three times, you preciisons core for that would be 70%. Any further shot event, miss or hit, would be calculated into that valuue. After 200 shots in the last 20 games you had 184 hits? Your precision with that rifle then would be 92%. It would break the statistics down even further for ditances, and whether the hit was lethal or not.

Classic kept track of just every statistic imaginable.

In COTW, things like callbre, ethical hunting gets calculated too. Use overkill calliorbe on a rabbit, and your trophy integrity drops, you get less moeny and a much smaller score. Drop the animals with nothign elss than seven rounds, and you see your socre suffering. Use a round of a matchign clalibre (measured ba "class"), and drop the animal in place, and you have higher trophy integrity and get mor emoeny,a nd more XP score and value. A long afterhunt was needed, or no vitals were hit, and more than two shots were fired and hit,l but did not kill? Scores drop again, the animal suffered, that is not wabted.ften shooting females will give you a little money to cover your box of ammo costs, but no XP at all: zero. We shoot bucks only.

The penalty system was more prominent in Classic, and is more inclusive, or subtle, in COTW. You get lounsihed not so much by being given active engages score effects, but your possible maximum score+money being reduced.

Note that bisons and buffalos canot be dropped with one hsot to the liung. You need a brain shot or a spine shot, the first to drop it in place indeed, the second to prevent it at least from charging at you.

Steam communit paage has an illustrated X-ray guide on vitals for every species. Newbies often are surprised how very deep at the chest they need to aim to hit the heart, many beginner shoot way too high, missing both heart and lungs then. Pigs I prefer to drop by brian shot, but make sure you choose a callibre that is sufficient to penetrate the skull bone. I onbly take them frontally, centered between the eyes and then a bit higher.

Neck shots in deer species are unsafe, too thing the target, too much sudden movement. Also , its not needed to take these high risk shots.

Wolves: only with a multi-round rifle, and a multiround pistol for the inevitable infight. I had it with wolves just three times, and every time I had to fire 8-10 rounds to get the pack off me. No time to reload. Plenty of dead or wounded wolves. Bloody mess!

Beware the widowmaker in high grass (African buffalos, water buffalos).

Last edited by Skybird; 01-26-23 at 04:00 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote