View Single Post
Old 06-21-20, 06:54 PM   #1364
Kresner
Swabbie

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie;2679031[QUOTE
]We have not had any reports of issues with the "normal" radars, only the ST, which is the Observation periscope-mounted variety. The radar does project a beam, and especially in rough weather, might over-shoot the surface, or hit the water in-close to your boat. Being caught unawares in a storm is not at all unusual. Time Compression makes things worse. The SD radar defaults to "Off", the SJ might be on, but it also might be on "focused", so check those...
The surface radar issue was in continous search and long range, but not only with heavy precipitations in normal day too, only when the watch crew report visual contact the compression time decelerate a x8 (to travel long distances is necessary accelerate the time)

Quote:
Now, I am in the middle of the Battle of the Philippine Sea myself right now, using a Single Mission to put my sub right where all of the groups met for a re-fueling rendezvous. I do not have issues. Depending upon where you are - I mean, after all, the Battle of the Philippine Sea covered a rather large area, so where are you in relation to that? Details, details, we need details. We know you're by Ozawa's force, but they traveled a ways to get there...

Also, keep in mind that there are 60 IJN vessels and 62 Allied vessels in the scenario, plus a total of 42 scripted airplanes - but to top it off, the US has 22 ships that can and do spawn additional airplanes, and the IJN has 22 vessels that can and do spawn additional planes. If you are a bit further east, where most of the air battles took place, then you would be in the middle of Ozawa's force as it is being attacked by swarms of airplanes. Plus, there is the rest of the game still running all around you.
I´m in the middle of the taks force, between the Taiho and Shokaku carriers, June 17, 1944, 2:52 pm ( no air battles) 548 km north of Palau island, campaing mode, submarine balao. Sorry I don't know how to insert a picture

Quote:
Since you are crashing, I would hazard a guess that LAA or a 4 gig patch of some form is not properly applied to your SH4 executable file. Either that, or you did not empty the Save folder before beginning your career, and you have encountered "new" vessels that are confusing your old Save data... Either of these can also lead to symptoms like your radar.
I delete all save folders of previous versions of FORTS but I didn't reinstall the game
Kresner is offline   Reply With Quote