View Single Post
Old 06-14-17, 11:30 AM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
"We can't have a situation where people's safety is put at risk because of bad advice being given or if it is the case, as has been alleged, of tower blocks not being properly serviced or maintained," he said.
Matt Wrack, of the Fire Brigades Union said something had clearly gone badly wrong with fire prevention procedures at the building.
Firefighters would normally fight a fire in a tower block from the inside, going up the fire escape, and fighting using the internal dry-rising mains, he said, but that's not been possible in this case.
Construction firm Rydon said recent building work which it carried out on the block "met all required building control, fire regulation and health and safety standards".
This was always my worst concern at Geneva Towers (two twin 22 floor Federal subsidized housing bldgs); a veritable crack palace and vertical ghetto! where I was a grave-shift Lt. Two highrise Federal office buildings and the Oakland Federal twin Towers were also of concern but had modern fire protection incl. pressurized fire exits..... Fortunately in May '98, Genva Towers ceased to be a miserable problem in 15 seconds.. after months of denuding the structure of all asbestos related objects. A happy day!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 06-14-17 at 11:43 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote