View Single Post
Old 02-27-16, 02:05 PM   #81
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
I tried but without success, Usual Rclick-Edit doesn't work...
The latest version of GR2 Editor is weird when it comes to bone editing. I will rotate the bone myself using one of the older versions of TDW's tool. I am optimistic that we can solve the flipped crew issue

Quote:
Yeah, it looks like WP_A02_GUN and WP_A01_GUN bones are somehow asociated with light flak crew...
I hope waypoint names and associations aren't hardcoded, otherwise there would be little to be done in order to swich A1 and A2 guns to use correct crew models when heavy Flaks are fitted on them instead of light ones.

Quote:
OK, no problems...I haven't spotted any issues even with 9MB file...
Working on some more optimized meshes and on removing the flagstaff. I hope the optimization won't break AO channel's UV map as often happens.

Quote:
And here is the new version...
Got it

Quote:
Current issues:
Front gun - no visible crew or flipped single light AA gunner when bone is renamed to WP_A02_GUN

Central Quad 20mm AA gun - single light AA gunner (I brought that poor guy back to the bridge, just to make some crowd when guns are manned )
I hope the missing crew was caused by the mismatch between main and waypoints' GR2 files, and the new waypoint names being absent from waypoint_edges.txt and waypoint_info.txt files, but I am afraid things are much more complicated than this. Currently I am investigating the meaning of GunSationController and GunstationControllerProperties settings and station/crew scripts. There might be several connections among the above files that we need to discover...

Front gun not operational for player (shielded, 37mm) until it's replaced with quad 20mm trough bunker upgrade. (All other flak stations are OK)[/QUOTE]

This is another mistery: why the FlakVierling is user-operable and not the 37mm M42. Under a functional point of view they both are heavy Flaks after all

Quote:
Make some tweaks if you can, if not, well , what a hell, we will wait for some better times untill we learn more about the files and dependencies... My opinion is that the new boat is a great fun even now, such as it is (until those Spitfires arrive at least )...
I wish I had more time. I can do some changes on the fly, but as I said I think we need to study a bit more the game before we can fix some of the glitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Thank you very much Peter!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote