View Single Post
Old 06-14-22, 10:00 AM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The boss of Rheinmetall said he were in Moscow before the Crimea ware, during a military trade show, and sat inside the T-14 Armata. He was extremely impressed by the design and concept, he said, and he returned to Germany deeply worried about this tank. When he had returned, he immediately gave order that the company should immediately start to design a new tank to counter the Armata. He now claism that as a result the Panther were superior in all regards wehre the Armata had taken the lead, and that the cannon could easily defeat the armata'S new armour at any tpo be expected com bat ranges. He had gotten to order by the government. And now here he is with a new tank.

Compare to the going of the French-German poltical alliance for a new tank. Since years they waste time and more time - and money! - for endlessly discussing who wants what details and features prioritized and who does what and so forth. Additonally they fight over the coidnitons under which the tank can be sold to states outside NATO, France wants a more relaxed policy on such deals, while Germany wants to limit export options. Liuke other jpoint projects recently, the tnak now got delayed again and the expectations corrected the date when it will be delivered to 2040 and beyond.

I alway shated this French German venture on tank prodcution. In the end the French only wanted access to the German egineeering Know-How from the Leopard-2, whiole having not really somethign techznically to offer for compekisnation, so they said they help the Germans to sell the new tank to other custumers. And the Ger,mans once again allowed to get pulled over the table by the French. Once again, like many times before.

And there they are now. 2040 and beyond. Rheinmetall already has done its homework. Decisionmaker: one man. It will be interesting to see how the German government reacts. I think they will not like Rheinmetall'S coup. The French already are fuming over Germany'S deicison to buy F-35 - instead of a European (co-French) fighter or the planned FCAS fighter for europe, arriving now not before 2050. Timetable had just been moved back one decade.

I want my new toy in SBP. The Armata already is there.