View Single Post
Old 03-20-12, 03:34 AM   #118
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I am trying to figure out why the crew isnt shouting out the smoke on the horizon etc . Overwrites too much of TDW stuff . I dont like the availability of all the equipment from the start .
Hi Sober,

it may be (not shure) that the missing shouts on enemy sightings are related to the fact that the crew sometimes seam to instandly enter hunter/hunted mode after sighting an enemy vessel.

the crew is whispering then instead of shouting. If using SDBSM, the crew then also use some kind of Das Boot commentary`s about which are not to much alarming but fitting for a slow sneak in at night times.

this is also happening if using SDBSM`s optional always shouting WO mod. (it changes the non "hunter/hunted" voices only)

...the beahavior is differet, sometimes i get a first shouting "vessel" or "smoke on horizon" or "battlegroup sighted" or "destroyer ahead" (depends on vessel and group) callout, but sometimes i only get this much more silent Das Boot commentary`s if the crew ia allready in hunter/hunted mode. there is only one exception if the crew is in panic mode, then the crew is shouting of course.

to make it work as it should, it seams we need some kind of delay or sync with the battlestatios command before the crew enter hunter/hunted mode and start whispering, it seams this need changes of the programm code.

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote