View Single Post
Old 03-17-13, 05:00 PM   #168
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10
Default DynEnv v2.9 - Breakwater Piers

What if our harbors were equipped with better piers finally capable to block the waves which are currently disturbing naval traffic in our home ports? Someone will object that the new facilities would disturb the natural water flow, thus turning blue sea waters into a polluted, grey of sediment pond. If you are not much concerned about pollution, you might want to test this little DynEnv compatible patch:

http://www.mediafire.com/?xscw4i8s4mgrg5h

What it does?
  • reduces windspeed in home port areas to 0-1 m/s
  • gives port waters a grey-greenish tint, identical to the one used for murky coastal waters.

Current limits
  • it is not currently possible to limit the above features to port waters; depending on the location, their effect will extend up to 40 km far from port, though this distance will be often lesser;
  • it is possible that, when entering port, the wind speed/wave heigh reduction won't take effect until the next weather is triggered; for the same reason, calm seas and low winds might persist for soe hours after elaving port. Please keep me informed on it...

Locations currently featured
  • Norway: Kirkenes, Hammerfest, Narvik, Trondheim, Bergen, Kristiansand, Horten
  • Lituania: Memel, Libau
  • Poland: Gotenhafen, Hela
  • Germany: Pillau, Konigsberg, Danzig, Warnemünde, Neustadt in Holstein, Travemünde, Eckernförde, Flensburg, Kiel and Kiel Canal, Brunsbüttel, Wilhelmshaven
  • France: Brest, Lorient, St. Nazaire, La Pallice, Bordeaux, Toulon
  • Spain: Vigo, Cadiz, Las Palmas
  • Italy: La Spezia, Pola
  • Greece: Salamis
  • Romania: Konstanza
  • USSR: Fedosia
  • Malaya: Penang
  • Singapore
  • Indonesia: Jakarta, Surabaya
  • Japan: Kobe

Many of the above locations don't have a base/port yet, but I thought I would include them anyway, in case they will be added to the game in future.

Installation, compatibility and additional features
  • enable it after Dynamic Environment v 2.9 base mod (better at port)
  • compatible with any Dinamic Environment optional mod
  • not compatible with Real Environment
  • included in the pack: DynEnv v2.9 - Breakwater Piers - Red Waters Patch; this is a testing patch: enable it on top of the main Breakwater Piers patch for making sure that its settings correctly apply to your current port (if so, it will make sea water red).

Future development:

if there is enough interest, I will further work on:
  • fixing eventual bugs/misplaced locations;
  • making wind reduction/murky water ranges to fit more closely port perimeters;
  • adjusting weather change intervals so to minimize the time intervals required for making the low wind settings to be triggere/untriggered at the right moment;
  • adding new ports.

Keep me informed guys

Last edited by gap; 03-17-13 at 05:39 PM.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote