View Single Post
Old 10-04-21, 05:03 PM   #123
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Can you give me the radar carrier .. aerial detection .. of the class porpoise in December 41 condition clear wind 5m: s knowing that the vessel is moving on the surface at 12 knots ..
for the mod that I use for the moment are in test phase .. and its modification by me .. I have abstracted some files .. inside in order to keep your work as much as possible ...
namely 'Doc Jester' s Overhaul 'is' ships displacement variation'
Regarding the smoke I will give you my comments shortly ...
When has your history of coastal mines .. in relation to the "side" question are there any mines anchored in the rad at that time .. in this past.? I don't know ... then I doubt it since it is the start of hostilities. But I don't know the answer yet .. !!! It is up to you to enlighten me .... as I have already told you I play more at the battles of the Atlantic and know the uboats much better and I have a better knowledge of them elsewhere these buildings are very superior in all respects to all the nation of the time ... I don't know the American submarine confit very well, shame on me but I'm here to learn .. is I must say that I really like this forum ... Hi, some member of the forum with whom I learned is keep learning .. it's exciting ..
Here is my Batiment on patrol just escaped a bomber attack shortly .. I did not look for the fight ... being poorly equipped for an air attack

approaching the Luzon objective in the strait ...

see you soon greeting Bubblehead1980

Just to clarify, are you asking for the SD (Air Search Radar) for the Porpoise Class ? If so, it is not available until 31 December 1941 at a very high cost (8000 renown) , cost goes down in February. This was done because at the open of the war, SD radar was still new technology most US boats (especially those in Asiatic Fleet, i.e. out of Manila) did not have SD. Those in the Pacific Fleet that did found themselves assigned to patrol off Japanese Home. Islands. I figured it would give player a chance to have to adhere to the pre war doctrine of submerge by day, surface at night when in patrol area, to avoid aircraft. I did include an optional mod in the download which restores SD radar to all boats from start of the war, if the player chooses or is say running a boat that DID have SD radar at start of the war, such as the USS Plunger (Porpoise class), which made its first patrol off Japanese home islands.

Far as mines go.....the US Army erected a large naval minefield around Corregidor Island at entrance to Manila Bay. The minefield is large and covers the entrance to Manila Bay with a gap in the middle at the entrance to allow traffic in and out, basically it forces ships to sail within range of the shore batteries. These mines are visible from the surface as their depth is set to 0 ft, they are meant to deter surface traffic. This minefield was active until May 1942 when Corregidor fell to the Japanese.

After that a Japanese minefield appears at entrance and in approaches to entrance of Manila Bay to deter submerged intruders and believe there are subnets as well. I did not build a Japanese minefield against surface ships because Manila bay has a lot of convoys coming and going and the AI ships are not smart enough to dodge mines in most cases lol (have watched one do it). The japanese mines and nets are active until Feb 1945 when Manila is liberated by US forces and then a US minefield, same as the early war, reappears.

Last edited by Bubblehead1980; 10-05-21 at 07:16 AM.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote