View Single Post
Old 02-09-22, 07:59 AM   #61
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I tried the new headset on TT Isle of Man yesterday, haven't played it for some weeks before. The game has no included VR, so I have to accept the compromise to have in running in 2D on a stereoscopic 3D moviescreen in a virtual cinema. The huge size and the much higher resolution make a shocking difference again, I did this setup in the Rift's set before, and struggled with driving because I did not see enough detail, now I do, and more, and not only is it a piece of beauty laid out before the eyes, but it makes a huge difference for being able to anticipate track details ahead and not slamming into them as before.

Its a an exquisite, super-speedy adrenaline rush!

Steering via an xbox gamepad.

I have not suffered too many setbacks from moving to the new headset, the only game that I cannto reaosnably play in it, is ACC, it simply is too badly optimised for VR (blurry, no mmatter), and is too demanding on the hardware when testing normal race situaitons, it stutters a bit too often. All the rest works well with the imporioved resolution. My fear that I also had to buy a new gfx board just for this headset, was unfounded.