View Single Post
Old 01-04-20, 05:49 AM   #26
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg322 View Post
Still sticking with the original post which I'm struggling to understand why would you put a fanless GPU into an Intel i3 system if such a thing still exist even budget GPU's have had fans for over a decade.
I didn't need a GPU for performance, I was already getting what I wanted from the CPU. I wanted some display options the CPU didn't provide. I also wanted the system to run based on a 5-10 year "daily driver" work load where I wasn't swapping out parts every two years. The GPU I'm running doesn't have a fan because it doesn't need it. That told me it didn't generate a lot of heat with the added benefit of taking it easy on the power supply. Again, I was aiming for durability and long-life with this set up with an eye towards my budget.

Way back when (this quest is older than this thread), Mapuc said he needed to replace his lap top without breaking the bank and I got the feeling that posting eight paragraphs of tech babble with the appropriate charts and graphs wasn't going to be helpful. So, I'm trying to condense my replies as much as I can to keep the info easier to understand.

You can trust me if you want. I'm a 1986 alum of the U Maine school of engineering/tech with practical experience as a Navy ET on two subs and field engineer experience with companies like Kodak in some tough markets.

Or not, that wasn't why I wanted to help Mapuc. Those were just tools I could use.

ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote