View Single Post
Old 01-03-20, 06:45 PM   #25
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 369
Uploads: 0

Following the various posts here I'd like to add my bit for what its worth

Unless you need something that is portable for work etc its way better to get a desktop they have so many advantages over a laptop here are a few reasons why

* Far easier to upgrade with new components

*If the screen goes on a laptop they are almost certainly uneconomic to repair

*Cooling solutions are generally more effective

*Gaming laptops in most instances offer less bang per buck

*The larger case of desktop affords greater flexibility and options of components and expansion

or build you own with things like modular power supplies easy to fit GPU's ram etc its easier than ever. Just avoid unknown brands. With motherboards I generally agree that spending a lot is not always necessary ASUS Gigabyte are fine MSI mostly use Japanese transistors which are considered the best or they used to at least

Going back a few posts post I don't agree that most PC components are built to the same standards you get what you pay for in most instances. Quality components and form factors are 2 totally different things. I think@ Skybird has that pretty much covered there tho. I would like to add a little point about RAM apart from testing issues. Choosing the amount of RAM you need is easy to work out you simply run out of it when its used up and its fairly obvious when that happens and the system starts using the hard drive or less so SSD instead. So if you never use more than 8GB of RAM adding more wont make any difference

Still sticking with the original post which I'm struggling to understand why would you put a fanless GPU into an Intel i3 system if such a thing still exist even budget GPU's have had fans for over a decade. The intel graphics embedded in the CPU would be more powerful or the chipset on the motherboard on older PC's

If you want to play modern triple A titles you do need to spend a fair amount maybe without RGB lighting but what needs to be understood is some see it almost as an art form an expression of individualism, knocking it for knocking its sake seems a little short sighted same thing with *gaming computers* which by definition are just PC's which are primarily designed from gaming. They have their place in the computing world just as office PC's and old potato PCs for that matter

Last edited by Cyborg322; 01-03-20 at 07:22 PM.
Cyborg322 is online   Reply With Quote