View Single Post
Old 05-26-20, 04:46 AM   #50
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

One of the most unknown and underrated VR shooter games imo is still one of the best and straightest out there: A10 VR. Its from 2016, and the yhave not chnage dit since then just added some of the newer headsets. And there is no need toi chnage anything in the forumla: it is transparent, it is straight, and it is marvelously well executed. Draw two pistols and fire away, period.

You get a laser beam wepaon with a fully functional holoscopic aiming sight - it is needed sinc ethis wepaon is a preciison wepaon with single shot per trigger pull. The other is a automatic plasmaball MP sort of thing, with iron sights. Often overlooked: the angle at which the weapons sit in your hands and the sights lining aup when you raise the hand as if yo were hlding anormal wepaonl can be altered in the menu, setting this value up correctly so that it fits your hand anatomy, helps trmedously in precision and also allows oyu qucker and better use of the sights where you use them .

You either fightagainst increasingly frantic waves of attacker that either will explode once they ended their drifting journey and contact you position, or the blitz by and fire projecticles at you while they do. you can and should didge them. The attack zone is 360° around you, though there are some fewer attacks from your back, but you have to watch out. You either buy energy or time (in countdown mode) when hitting or acchieveign a combo. Thats all.Sounds simple? It is simple. But it is tremendous fun, and works flawlessly. Just do not use the trainign mode: it starts lame, and it stays lame, it doES NOT IMPROVE SPEED OR ACTION INTENSITY, AND SO PEOPLE CAN GET A VERY WRONG IMPRESSION OF TRAINING IS THE FIRST CONTACT WITH THE GAME THAT THEY HAVE, i READ THAT SOME PEOPLE GAVE UP ON IT DUE TO THE TRIANING MODE, beign bored, later learned about the real gaming modes: and got baptise dinto believers immediately.

I use to play this for 5-10 minutes after I had my 1 hour table tennis session (which i have 2-4 times per week), its a nice way to cool down again.

Also, it is cheap. Very. The low price for this simple but flawless game is why I am tempted to call this a must have. But maybe it is just personal taste, so I don't. I am chuckling about myself that I still like this, since I usually do not play such pure action games anymore. Oh, and one word on the shooting: it works precise and very very good. I have tried a few other shooting gallery games that were free or could be refunded over the past two years, I found the virtual weapons always remaining to be artificial, unfitting extensions of my hands, the aiming never felt natural, shooting from the hip was even more "strange", unsatisfactory. Not so here. I raise the arm and hand and shoot and the bullets just go where I want them to go (without the game cheating or influencing the targetting in my favour). It all feels just so very right.

Space Pirate may be close, and better known, contender, but I like this one much better.

You need a setup where you can turn 360°. In case of a headset with external sensors: two sensors. One works unreliable, I found.