View Single Post
Old 12-15-19, 11:08 AM   #8646
BOjim
Swabbie

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
This version is no longer being maintained and was the "beta" version, please refer to Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate - Full Release for help, or the update to the new version. Pay attention to clear your Save folder to remove all data from previous versions of the game, so that you don't end up with a "mix" of mods.

Also, yes, the Japanese subs seen in the game will at times be sitting still on the surface. This did happen in real life for all nations' subs. Generally speaking, and engine failure, or a desire to devote all engines to charging the battery is why that would happen, so do as you did, and move in quietly, and sink 'em - "Find 'em, Chase 'em, Sink 'em" - only in this case, you could drop the "Chase 'em" part...

Depending upon the circumstances you encounter, some of the ships will be "silent" to your listening ear, and that is a problem with the games "simulation" of a sonar set. The slower the ship, the more likely of this occurring. It is better in v1, but was also better in v0.9x beta, as compared to previous versions or Stock. Generally speaking, if a ship is going slower than 3 knots, you will not be able to hear it, though your sonarman can track it with watch-like precision...

@ Aktungbby: He was submerged, laying in wait, looking for the FotRSU v1.0 release! ...
Thank you VERY MUCH for getting back to me on this, propbeanie! I had a feeling that pesky sub might have been listening out for me, I just wanted to check that it wasn't bugging out. I'm making a let's play series on YouTube for FOTRSU right now (where I go by "KairoS_"), so I wanted to be absolutely sure it was working properly.

I just hope that next time the Japanese sub is actually on the move and putting up a fight; I'm looking forward to discovering all the tricks those new subs have in store for me!

Fantastic mod!!
BOjim is offline   Reply With Quote