Old 07-23-21, 11:17 PM   #41
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
WernerSobe released Natural Sinking Mechanics 2.6 back in 2007 which means that it was written for SH4 1.3.
i d/l to look it over but never implemented it because i have v1.5.

it appears that Werner touched the .zon file of just about every ship in the Sea Folder as well as Zones.cfg.

performing the same task with some of the mega-mods and their expanded ship types would be a herculean task, imho.

so, if you are looking for a herculean task to perform, re-do Natural Sinking Mechanics for FOTRSU.
What you quoted Me on, KM.. was not about ship sinkage rates.

That was about the IJN & the different type depth charges that was used by them.

The Type 93 depth charge then the Type 2 depth charge.

I will have to reopen the mod to review the read me that they included with the mod, but.. if memory serves Me right on it... I think the Type 93 was used from the onset of the IJN opening up with their conquest of China & carried through to the U.S getting bombed & onward to I believe August of '43. When they then swapped to the type 2 which, again if memory serves Me well, shipmate. the type 2 was a heavier beast than the earlier on used type 93.

I stand corrected, it was Type 95, not 93.

With the Type 95, it was the lighter of the 2 different depth charges. The Type 2 was made to be heavier, given that the Type 95 was slow in dropping to the 2 different depths it could be set to. (100 & 200 meters, respectively)

With the Type 2 being heavier was designed to make it more difficult to evade its destructive reign of terror.

The mod in question was done by Bubblehead1980 & is his baby.

M. M.

Last edited by Mad Mardigan; 07-24-21 at 11:40 AM.
Mad Mardigan is offline   Reply With Quote