View Single Post
Old 12-19-12, 07:43 AM   #10845
Succat
Torpedoman

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0

I have to tell you guys this story, SH is normaly a game about war and theres not so much to laugh but today was just funny.

This morning i tryed to sink a single merchant in SH4 with torp on realistic settings, i falied...like 3 times and gave up (i saved the game so maybe next time).

Now i started SH3 and the single mission "Bismarck" to try something, 2x destroyers and battleships Nelson and King George (i gues) hunting the Bismarck.

When i started the mission, i went to periscope and just fired two torpedos without aiming at something, just straight ahead. After that i checked the sub and the ships on surface fireing on each other so i went back to periscope. Nelson already passed me and King George was right in front of me fireing and aiming with the spotlights. I fired another torpedo without aiming on him. Right after that, i recived the message of torpedo hit (remember, the first two was just fired when starting the mission without even looking on the surface). A tribal-class destroyer was hit right in the middle and sinking after the hit.

Normaly i was about to end the mission now but because the second destroyer made a run for me fireing and damaging the flak gun and the turret i was thinking: "Okay you started it, lets end it." I looked for the second destroyer and he was about the run into me, i was hitting abnormal speed ahead and diving to 89m.

When i was about to dive, got the message second torpedo also hit, right into King George!

Nelson in the mean time was leaving the battle and exercising glorious english naval warfare: "When carring 3 big turrets on the bow, better show the enemy the aft with the small ones."

The destroyer dropped waterbombs when passing over me but nothing happed, he was taking a hard circle at full speed and almost run into King George.

After King Geroge passed, the destroyer went full speed again but i was already on silent running, he searched for me but was getting to close to the heavily hit Bismarck but she was still able to fight and dont waited for long and sunk him with a broadside.

After i saw that with external camera i went back to full speed ended silent running and got back to perescope right next to King George.

I hit the rudder hart to starboard until the aft torpedo tube, the only still loaded, aimed at him and fired, it was a hit!

Everybody had to work on loading torpedos now:

I went back aiming with front torpedo tupes on him and fired again, hit again and he sunk!

Finally there is to say, Bismarck survived almost as a wreck but able to escape because Nelson couldnt sink here with the small caliber from the aft guns.

The half day long i was trying to sink that merchant and now i sunk two big fishes without even aming on them

Okay but now the reason why i started that mission, the sub interior mods from Aces, so beautiful! Im gonna start a campaign with a sub again just to play with that mod! Big thanks for that awsome mod! I hope you continue your work!

Succat is offline   Reply With Quote