View Single Post
Old 10-27-09, 10:30 PM   #130
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

HEre is the reply from Chris Schell about possible inclusion of some of his ships, the WWI era US Dreadnoughts, support ships, and the German Light Cruiser Emden if they are compatible with the format here...and if things feel comfortable for him...re the attribtion and protectoin of his ships ....he has wanted to have them available freely .anyway..here is his note...

Quote:
Hey Chris...

Interesting offer... i checked out the site link you provided and it looks lik a wonderfull game... though i doubt my comp could handle it.. lol... old p4's just aren't up to snuff any more...

I would have a couple of concerns with your idea... first... i would need to be guaranteed both credit and retention of the rights to my models... as you know i've put alot of work into them and don't want to lose my own rights to my work... we'd have to set up some sort of agreement where in terms of use etc are set out word by word and binding... (i went through something similar when i agrred to allow my works for inclusion on the artist3d magazine cover disc)

second... would this be a free to download mod... or a paid add-on? if it's a paid item.. ie users would have to buy the mod then i may have some further requests/concerns... i've made my items free for everyone as you know and don't want them being resold (as per my readme's)... if you could give me further details i may consider the request in detail...

over-all i am honoured by the request and a little amazed... i really don't think my models are that great...lol... and i thank-you for the thought...

respectfully
Chris
two of Chris's ships:

USS Connecticut Dreadnought

SMS Emden Light Cruiser of the Far Eastern Squadron

Last edited by Admiral Von Gerlach; 10-27-09 at 11:04 PM.
Admiral Von Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote