View Single Post
Old 02-04-24, 01:41 PM   #11
strykerpsg
Loader

Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0

The lack of real time updates is truly bothersome, IMO. One update a year, on average just seems non-productive and starts the rumors of "vaporware"

I regularly play Dotmod on Cold Waters and love what that team has produced and though it's a different title, it's the former development teams love child being supported by a great modders. The details all seem very similar and yet, here we are, what, almost 5 years since the announcement?

There seems to be a cloak of silence on Steam by the developers (understandably) and I question whether this is still worth keeping my my Steam wishlist or even following, since the developers seem to keep their distance.

Now that they are sponsored by Microprose, I used to get excited seeing that name, but their library is expanding regularly on ideas that seem to take years to get real time updates. So, why not truly consider releasing in early access, much like many of the Microprose titles out now? This would give fantastic feedback, and yes, some negative feedback. However, if the games UI and unit interaction are reminiscent of Cold Waters, many really enjoy it and understand how to use it.

Anyway, not ranting, just making a casual observation that I feel confident others share.
strykerpsg is offline   Reply With Quote