View Single Post
Old 11-20-21, 10:04 PM   #3
Imarider
Mate

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
more than likely....the factors are multiplicative.
for enemy factors, the higher the decimal the more capable they will be, with 1 (representing 100%) being the highest value.
for your factors, the higher the decimal the more capable YOU will be.

so, applying basic math to game theory, the highest an enemy can sense you is 100% but in game theory, that is a percentage which is the integer 1. by applying a factor to that maximum value, you lower the enemy's capability. 1 x .5 = .5 so the enemy will have some capability at half of maximum.

conversely (or inversely), if the logic for a parm is your capability and not the enemy's, a one means that you can sense 100%. if that is multiplied by a lower factor (.5 or .25), your capability is reduced and therefore you will be handicapped, so to speak.

does that help?
I'm feeling that for hydrophones, sonar and radar it's multiplicative, yes. But for visual factors it's not. There are many settings (from what i have read now) where those factors made > 1 and commented as handicap for AI (or player). Ducimus write that he didn't make light factor more than 2 because in sunrise and sunset game works bad with that (destroyers eyeless) and he wrote the configuration where all visual factors was more than 1. That is Trigger Maru settings as i have understood.
Imarider is offline   Reply With Quote