View Single Post
Old 05-10-12, 10:06 AM   #6
festus
Seaman

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0
Default Computer Specs

Howdy!

I didn't upgrade from one OS to another causing the problem, I bought SHII just now since my older comp. wasn't up to speed (Not enough memory, etc.)

Now, here's what I have:

Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3

Pentium III 863 MHz with 320 MB ram

ASUS V3800M CDVID Video card with SDRAM = 2Mx32 (This is what is on the card.)
Has NVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64/Model 64Pro chipset with NVidia Display adapter.
(Specs I found on the net says this card supports 2D and 3D graphics)

I have DirectX 9.0c (The most up to date for my OS.)

I did the full install, patched to Ver. 1.1 then added the Project Messerwetzer Patch (I tried it with and without the Messer...) Used Aces Kampaign and without too. I also cleaned up my HD to free up space and now have 2.5 Gig available. That should be plenty for a game that was produced when HDs were measured in Megs. LOL!

My current display is 1280 x 1024 (32Bit) and runs with no problem.
I tried the game in all display options and nothing made a difference concerning the game crash.
(640x480x16 and 32 & 800x600x16 and 32)

Here is the error message I get:

Tue Mar 12 01:25:24 2002
Error -1 [(!(pProfileUnit->Open()))]
DirectX code: "Unrecognized error: 0xffffffff"
F:\Devel\Janus2\WWII\Sources\WWIISWorld.cpp
Line 1238

I am not sure it's the same error message every time but it could be. At least it looks similar.

First, any thoughts on why the game doesn't function properly in the Campaign mode, i.e. can't get to the 2nd scenario? And why are the graphics crap, for the lack of a better word. I have to increase the brightness by 30-40% with the NVidia desktop to see anything and the ocean is just this uniform dark brownish-green color with a jagged, pixelated horizon. And the surface ship details remind me of my old Commodor 64 games.

Just a thought, but could it be a problem with DirectX 9 vs. DirectX 8?

Any ideas?
Thanks! Festus
festus is offline   Reply With Quote