Old 05-06-12, 12:48 PM   #3
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
Howdy Gents!

Having a problem with SH II. I have exceeded the minumum Comp. requirements, upgraded to the XP version, and still it fails. I won't get into the disappointment of the "Spectacular" graphics I was expecting but I just would like it to run without crashing.

In a Campaign, I cannot get past the 2nd. If I complete the first scenario, I MAY get into the next, but may not. And if I hault a game in Campaign Mode, Lord help me if I can get back to it. Is there no "Save Game" button? The Saves I have seen cannot be recovered.

I need some help.

Festus
Hey Festus!

I don't know what you know or what you have tried .... I have had success installing SH II and the outstanding add-on mod Pacific Aces on almost every operating system except I never had Vista.

Success with Windows for Workgroups 3.11, Win 95, Win ME, Win XP Pro, and Win 7.

-Install SH II - full install
-Install the official 1.1 patch <--- very important
-I truly believe that installing Projekt Messerswetzer helps

Once you have run it successfully for a while and want more bells & whistles there is a large screen 1024x768 add-on and many other nice mods.

Regarding Save Games there has always been a Save Game bug that is impossible to fix because it is hard coded. A few workarounds have been suggested. Probably do a search here or better yet try using Google, plug in:
site:subsim.com SH II save game problem

Changing the search string to narrow your search. Some suggestions are complicated.

Probably best to allot a large time frame and try to conduct an entire patrol in one session.

Happy Hunting! - ( eventually - I hope :)
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote