View Single Post
Old 07-17-22, 08:24 AM   #4858
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
I believe I followed all these directions but I still don't believe the mod is activated when I launch. I am guessing I should see a Fall of the Rising Sun splash screen when the app launches correct? Also, I found that running a very high resolution screen has resulted in very small control gauges. Is there a recommended fix for this?
You should see a splash screen similar to the one at the bottom left of my post here. There are two probable causes. The easiest one to look for is proper folder structure, which is rather difficult to illustrate in a posting here, but navigate into your game folder, and then the MODS folder and finally the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.x..." folder. In that FotRSU mod folder, do you see "Data", "Extras" and "Support" folders, along with six other files? Or do you see another folder of the same name as the first? If you see a 2nd mods folder, then that is the trouble. This happens when extracting the mod archive. Select all in the folder with a <Ctrl><A> key combination, then <Ctrl><X> combo to cut, go up one folder level to the first FotRSU folder, and <Cdtrl><V> combo to paste all that. You can then delete that now (hopefully) empty extra mod folder. Try to activate it now.

That is an older folder structure picture, but notice the "path" of "C:\Games \FotrSUv17 \MODS" and the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v1.7p3d" sitting in there. Below that folder is Data, Extras and Support, along with those six other files, and not another same-named folder.

The second possibility is you that you are using an incorrect short-cut to start the game. Make certain your shortcut is pointing to the folder you created, and not the location the Ubi Connect originally wanted to use.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote