Old 02-07-21, 02:28 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Steam & SH4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Aaaaah steam, now that is possibly your problem, what is the SH4 version number on the Main Menu?, if you load up the game and check in the bottom right it will tell you, I'm going out on a limb here and say it will be the 1.3 version, if it is that we can tell you what to do next.
Not sure that Steam still has v1.3 on their launcher/store any more.

The last I know of, the source of SH4 through them, is retained to either v1.4 (which is just the U.S fleetboat side of things with WW2 sub simming) & v1.5 (which is where Ubi took the v1.4 & shoved what basically amounts to a DLC nowadays & includes being able to skipper a Uboat over in the Pacific side of the war...).

The thing that most who decide to grab SH4 off from Steam is, they are not privy to knowing that pertinent fact & mistakenly grab v1.4, instead of 1.5, which then leads to frustration, when a mod like, for example keltos' IJN sub mod or the add in of (what's there name know... propbeanie.. a lil' boost to the ol' memory cells if ya would...) the IJN career mod.

Those 2 there, REQUIRE you using v1.5 of SH4, & NOT the v1.4 one of SH4...

Most if NOT all of the mods now, or SH4 actively REQUIRE SH4+UBM v1.5, in order to work, if I am NOT mistaken, in that assessment.

M. M.