View Single Post
Old 10-10-21, 02:22 PM   #11
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I would be happy with a "cover" or something to black the PPI screen out until appropriate time.
There are radar covers modelled in the base game, but not implemented, I think they are in the in the equipment files (with all the sensor models maybe?). The same problem occurs though, to have a different interior (with covers) you'd need a different 'class' of sub, linked to a different interior. I think originally the developers may have had the idea to have the interior change according to what sensors you had, as hinted at by the radar covers being in the equipment file (if that's where they truly are). However, there is no mechanism to do this.

I was going to use the radar covers in the radar range mod as an additional bit of realism, so they were covered when submerged, but I didn't for some reason. Perhaps because the only way to 'place' them that made sense was to tie the covers being in place with the set being off, but maybe that looked horrible with waves going over the antennae and the set flicking on and off, which would have made the covers flick in and out of existence too. Also, with the covers on you can't manipulate any of the controls, but I don't think that would have been a problem. I can't remember.