View Single Post
Old 10-10-21, 08:51 AM   #10
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
You could probably do it, if you had a 'class' of sub like 'Early war fit out Gato' / 'Mid war fit out Gato' and then you could assign a different 'interior' to those classes and have the early interiors delete the PPI unit. The player would then have to switch sub classes to get a refit. It's a lot of work, given that most people will just use map contacts on and not care either way.

Ah, that would be amazing, but yes , a lot of work, a lot of work lol.

One of the follies of SH 4 is were not given a truly functional radar from the start so people just got used to running the map contacts. I was one of them for a long time, but your radar mod with the 3D TDC changed the game so for sure. I am willing to many more would learn and run without the contacts. Seemed more intimidating than it was to learn and it enables me to play with map contacts and still properly track and sink ships. If its early war and don't have the SJ-1 yet I ignore the PPI as much as possible but inevitably one catches a glance of it sometimes.

I would be happy with a "cover" or something to black the PPI screen out until appropriate time.

One downside of playing with map contacts, is since UBI cheated us out of an SD radar display, when do not have map contacts enabled, you have no real visual representation of the aircraft contact. Then it is screwed anyways because SD was not directional, so could not give a bearing to the aircraft, only a range, but in SH 4 it gives a bearing. I played around with SD a bit to see if could fix that, where would give a SD contact but not the bearing but it does not work, unfortunately.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote