View Single Post
Old 10-09-21, 03:01 AM   #7
Zero Niner
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 69
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The PPI is "standard from mid-July 1942 in SH4 Stock / GFO. If you are using an add-in war patrol, or single mission, the submarines' configuration dates have to be set to after the start of radar. If someone built the scenario, and dated it for 1944, but did not set the submarine configuration to that time period, then the "default" value will come in, and that is sometimes 19380101.

The Balao in stock though, is active from February of 1943, which is after radar availability. Look on that PPI screen again, and click on the console, and you should be able to move your view of that screen around. Notice the "Focused" and "Continuous" switch? Flip that thang, and see if you don't see a sweep now. When you first look at the screen, it defaults to "Focused", and the indicator is just sitting there. You can also use the menu buttons to do that, but you have to click on the radar button twice to get the lower set of menu buttons to show the commands available, or press the F9 to get there in stock. I don't think Stock has the short-cut keys most mods use to enable the radar, and to turn on the "Continuous" sweep... but I was wrong earlier - by a lot.. lol

If your PPI still won't function, the A-Scope shouldn't be functioning then either, so that would make it sound like something is "off" with your mod set-up. A rather common problem there is a person not emptying the Save folder after activating the GFO mod set. If you have not done that yet, then it would be advisable to do so, especially if you are not that far along in GFO. That will eliminate any saves and progress of the previous set-up you had though. The usual place to find the Save folder is in "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \sh4". You can either delete the whole folder, or the cfg folder below it. Either way, the game will re-create the folder, but with the new, modded data. Do not delete the game folder, just the Save folder.
The war patrol was a stock mission - I believe it's called Hellcat.
My issue isn't that the PPI isn't working, it's that when I jump to the radar station I'm at the A scope and pressing the PPI button doesn't put me there. Radar is working and I can switch it off, sweep change range etc. If I mouse look to the left the PPI is there and working - I just can't get to it.
Zero Niner is offline   Reply With Quote