View Single Post
Old 11-21-19, 09:34 AM   #111
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
For #1 - That typo then is in a BIK movie, and probably from Stock. I'll see about the possibility of editing that, but don't hold your breath... #2 - You should have SJ radar by November, I would think... if you are in the Control Room when starting a patrol and press the <J> ("J") key, then press the combination of <Ctrl><T> and see if it turns on? Click the screen and move the view to where you can see the "Range" switch and the "Focused" and "Continuous" switch, and see what they do? We'll look into the Tambor, which is the Gar boat. #3 - There can only be one choice for which screen that goes to. We'll see about maybe an add-in for later... #4 - You were lucky you weren't rammed, eh? I've been run over a time or two (or more) over the years, when getting bit by that "target fixation" disease...

Edit: Just happened to think - what conning tower is on your submarine there torpedobait? Thanks!
I reloaded a Save Game from when I was in port on November 13, prior to starting the next mission. Here are pics of my GAR Class boat on Game Day December 14, 1942 direct out of Midway at start of Patrol #7. Note there is no rotating antenna, the scope will not activate no matter how I get to the Radar station ("J" or Button on Command line) and with the "CTL+T" activated. Nothing. Nada.

EDIT: I can't get the pictures to upload. You'll have to take my word for it that the radar screen is definitely "off" and will not activate, CTL+T key or no, nor from the Radar station itself. There is no rotating antenna on the conning tower. There is a "fixed" air search antenna, but it might be stopped because I had to use TC to get to daylight for a decent picture. When I checked it immediately after the mission loaded at sea, I could not detect any movement of the antenna then either.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote