View Single Post
Old 08-16-13, 06:18 AM   #3
NeonsStyle
Chief

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Morgan View Post
New Zealand here...I have a paid for version of SH4 GOLD (From GamersGate)
Your problem has nothing to do with Ubsoft AU

I had similar problems with AVG Free Anti Virus seeing properties.dll as a virus. (which it isn't, virus software searchs for a certain byte sequence, sometimes it thinks some benign sequence is a virus. Most good virus checks can ignore it as a exception if you tell it to)

Luckily, AVG has a 'create exception' function so I can disable the check on that file.

TAGES is the games DRM (Digital Right Management) online check of your serial number and game files, and is in the start up process. You many only have a fe tries before DRM management locks it. You should allow TAGES drivers to run if it hasn't already locked it up.

I would say Turn off your Virus completely (if you can) If you cannot state an 'exception' and tell it to ignore certain files your stuffed (IMHO)
I love AVG and its Free, and it doesn't delete or fix anything without your say so. if you tell it not to in the configuration.

---
Ahh thanks for that... I'll try that n see how it goes... also thanks for quick reply on pvt... I'd completely forgotten about this problem, as I'd just written it off as no hope of fixing. So thanks for that

Hope that fixes it.
NeonsStyle is offline   Reply With Quote