View Single Post
Old 10-06-11, 07:40 AM   #11
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sartoris View Post
It's ok to have a lot of conflicts while enabling mods. That's normal as long as you're enabling them in the right order. I would recommend looking for the user Orpheus (or is it 0rpheus with a 0?) because he has a really nice mod list linked in his signature. Also, make sure that you watch the tutorials for installing mods. Some of those are outdated, but they'll help you get a better feeling for installing mods and teach you how to do it properly. There's not a lot to it, but it's easy to make a few mistakes. Pay attention to the order of the folders (i.e. make sure you have a data folder in each mod folder), but this is all explained in the videos.

Good luck hunting!
Mod list is in my sig.

Re conflicts, bear in mind that what you activate later overrides earlier versions if the same files are used. If you add two wave mods, one after the other, you'll only see the effect of the last one you add - and you'll be shown the 'conflict' when you enable the second one.

If you're using TDWs latest New UIs (6.8.0), in the Applications folder, there's a program called SH5 Validator. That is the best tool to tell you whether your installed mods are incompatible, rather than relying on the conflict shown in JSGME, as sometimes it's ok to overwrite, and sometimes it's not.

Like Sartoris says, the first file in any mod folder should be 'data'. If it's not, then the mod you need to install is deeper in the file structure (Dynamic Environment pack is a good example of this - a single base mod, and several 'add ons' deeper in the mod file).

Pretty sure the tutorial tweak will work fine but if it's your first go at the game I'd run it stock before adding mods. It's always better to add them in an 'in bunker' save.

Shout up if you have any questions/problems!
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote