View Single Post
Old 12-17-15, 05:13 PM   #19
MataHari
Watch

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 1

This whole treck started when I decided to test wether the draft of ladden ships differs from empty ships or not. I tried all 4 Internal Cargo combinations (None, Freight, Ammunition, Fuel) in Test SingleMissions, using the C2_S-B1 Merchant as the reference ship.

I was expecting a lower mast height and deeper draft for heavy ladden ships.

I didn't see any noticeable differences when measuring the mast height.

After removing all the torpedo limitations (mainly the DepthKeepingDeviation value) in the sim file, I didn't see any noticeable differences when firing torpedoes at ships ladden or not.

I repeated the tests for summer/winter on all oceans, and got the same results. The only thing affecting mast height and draft is the state of the sea.

On the other hand, I noticed some differences with the values listed in the Identification Manual.

I was sure the values in the ID Manual were the result of scientific calculations, but why was I getting some variations when measuring them with accurate periscope graticules?

This is how this mod came about: the production of a manual with precise measured values.

Some may say that the manual or the tools shouldn't be too accurate because such was the reality in those days. That's fine with me, I respect that.

But let's say MataHari managed to survive WWI, and got her hands on secret documents concerning Allied ships. Then she made a Nobel Price winner french engineer her lover, and convinced him to create a more accurate optic device for the KriegsMarine. I'm so romantic ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Stevens

Ok, I see the file, good job.
Thanks Neal. I did as you said. What would we do without you ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve

Hey, Canuckette! It's good to see you back again.

I don't play SH5, so there's not much else I can say.
I miss you guys from the WPL. Those were the good old days. SH2/DC were the best sims.
I tried SHO, and IMHO it's a way to waist money on a regular basis.
Bye for now.
MataHari is offline   Reply With Quote