Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lederhosen View Post
Salute

New to this side of the war. But, I'm having a problem. I've done two clean installs now and the same thing keeps happening. I'm using the newest version with no other mods etc. Vanilla runs fine. but with this mod on the deck guns look rather impotent, i.e they look broke, wont move, and always point downwards.
Both in Sub school and in campaign.

So thats at least the porpose and S-boats thus far.

I run an I5, 64bit PC with a 1060 gpu and 16GB Ram. Campaign was in Asia 1942

When I remove the mod, vanilla is ok.
Ahoy, lederhosen...

Ok, computer specs are good info to know, but... that is only 1/2 the battle (in most cases, at any rate.. )

Also just as important...

Source of SH4 your using if you will, sir.

In addition, with the copy of SH4, where exactly do you have that installed...?

Most definitely needs being NOT installed in either /Program files or \Program files (x86) territory, but instead is better served to be installed in like, example... /Games (in a folder created for the mod you're going with, in this case: C:\Games\SH4\SH4-pristine) thereby using that copy as your go to GOLD standard. Meaning to copy the guts from that folder & then in a newly minted folder in \Games to use for modding. Such as in this case, C:\Games\SH4megamods\FotRS-U

What this does, is takes the game out of Microshafts.. erhm, Microsoft's.. dictatorial greed ridden clutches & allows you to then modify it as needed. Having it in either of those 2 NOT to be installed in areas aforementioned, puts it in their UAC control, which... does NOT like you tampering with things in their domain there.. at all.

Not 1 bit...

A very useful tool to have in your arsenal, is MultiSH4... even if at 1st, you don't consider or even contemplate running more than 1 modded copy of SH4... grab it. ol' boy scout motto... Be prepared.

Using any mods, even including a mega mod set, make sure to use JSGME... in the event you need to take out a mod that has been... updated & believe you me... there will be plenty of times for that to occur.

Running a mod set, is best to use this... it makes making needed changes pretty easy to do.

Also, if you already have jsgme, then include in a follow up reply a clipboard copy of the mods you have activated through jsgme, will also help too.

Simply click on 'tasks' in the pop up menu, select by holding your mouse over it, 'Export activated mods list to' & clicking in the next pop up window, 'clipboard'. This will alow you to paste the list from jsgme of what mods you have active. Which, will give us a chance to see what your rolling with...

last, but most definitely NOT least... using either a 4GB RAM patch or just simply finding, downloading & using Large Address Aware (to Me, by far the simplest tool to use... it's so easy, a cave man can use it.) LAA as it is oft referred to, is a simple 3 step process to assign your computer to grant the SH4.exe 4 GB's of RAM while your playing this game (or much less any other 1 for that matter.. )

Am guessing it is porbably a clash of 2 different mods, causing your issues... though, sometimes a mod unzipped, will every once in a blue moon, not unzip fully as it should.. or even in downloading a zipped mod, will bork at the worst possible time, resulting in unzipping it, something gets left out & well.. any # of errors... leading to frustrations galore.. won't know fully until it's known what mods fully that your rolling with.

Main point is here... the more info provided, the better the odds of figuring out your Jurassic snafu causing you issues...

Hope this helps.

M. M.