View Single Post
Old 06-05-22, 05:24 AM   #32
l02turner
Soundman

Downloads: 167
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Other things to check, especially if UAC is blocking things - check that you have admin rights in your profile. There have been instances where Win10 updates take away admin rights - and if you only have the one account, you'll have to boot into safe mode, go into the recovery environment, enable the built in admin account, and then give your own account privileges again.

Two things all users starting of with Win10 should do is establish a local account with admin privileges (or better, install using only a local account to begin with) and then install software that prevents windows from automatically updating itself.
I agree that letting MS update itself whenever it wants is a bad idea, but how do we know if a Update is actually to help the User with Security or it's just MS doing housecleaning? I fear they hide all kinds of MS stuff behind the Security Comment and it has become more difficult (at least for me) to know when it's a valid threat. I don't know for the others but reading through all the boilerplate searching for the changes puts me to sleep! Then, when I wake up, I must recsll where I stopped!

Thanks for the suggestions -
l02turner is offline   Reply With Quote