Old 04-22-20, 11:46 AM   #807
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Large Ocean Liner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Wow. Took a bit longer than I thought it would to run this 1st running of the Sink the Large Ocean Liner... Here is the end result though in the initial test:

Notice I have the "She's taking water and going down" line finally... This is what I had left when it was all said and done:

I had one of 23 torps run deep and went under the hull. All of the rest exploded. So 22 torpedoes. We should probably change that... Thing of it was, even after getting that message, she showed no signs of going down, so I went ahead and shot #24, and then all of a sudden, she tilted up, and started down in just the time it took to fire the torpedo and for it to impact, at about 700 yards...

I suppose we really should look into that...

Nothin' that a global "Replace" won't fix in short order...
Propbeanie... just to play... ''Devil's Advocate'' here, for a moment... BUT... would it not stand to reason, to run another test of that & no duds on but this time see of doing them set for mag det, instead of impact & see what results are gained from that.?

[ Just.. a suggestion, mind you... to keep in mind a balanced test. ]

On a side note... wowzers... all 24 out of the barn with no sink until right when you go to send off that last fish...

and being out of fish, makes this skipper mighty nervous.. of course, it don't help when they refuse to work as they should, either...

Keel hauling for the scurvy ridden lot of the bureau of ordnance personnel... then hang them from the yard arm as a warning.